– The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR):
- Article 19 mandates freedom of expression
– The Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
- Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
- (1) Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.
- (2) No one may be compelled to belong to an association.